Who says that writing a business plan template is easy? You may avoid this task if you can, but see how hard it is to avoid. You are not alone. Many of us try to make a good business plan. Well, if you feel that hard in writing a business plan template, then you can start with only one page. You know, there are not much different between a ‘one-page business plan’ and a good executive summary. The hardest thing when you are trying to make a one-page business plan is you should exactly fit your business plan in one page.
Why one-page business plan usually are used by many people? Of course, because it is simple and easy to read, brief enough to read quickly. Never thinks that many of investors have much time only for reading your pages of your business plan. Thus, write one-page business plan is a good idea. You help the investor understands your business plan quickly. A one-page business plan should include your all critical information. It needs to define the strategy for your business. You can say it as your simple business model.
It depends on you which one you want to choose. It is a one-page business plan or an executive summary. One thing, it should contain these following requirements:
- The problem your customers have, make it as description. Brief but clear.
- Your product or service to give your customer solution about their problem.
- The business model tells about how you will make the money comes to you.
- A business plan should have target market. It will define who is your customer and market. From this model, you will know how many your customers are.
- Competitive advantage. You should know why your product is better than other product meanwhile there are a lot similar product with similar functions as well.
- Management team
- Financial summary
- Funding required
However, when you want to make an executive business plan, you should include it at your first section. Well, it may not that different but you can see this following order. Yet, order is not important. It depends on you how you will make it. It is like: executive summary, opportunity, market analysis summary, execution, company and management summary, and financial plan. It is not different, isn’t it? It is simply to understand. Well, you can see this following free simple business plan template of layout :
Example Business Plan Layout:
- Company Name
- Presented To
- Copy Number
Table of Contents
List key sections of business plan :
- The Company Overview
- Mission Statement
- Statement of Funding
- Statement of Purpose
Description of Business
- Company Ownership
- Description of Product/Service (overview). What are you going to
- Company Location and Facilities
- Overview of key items
- Overview of Most Patients Concepts
- Start-up Costs
- Listing of key purchases necessary to execute business plan
Market Analysis (External factors impacting marketing)
- Target Market and Demographics
- Descriptions of Customers
- Market Segments
- Unmet Needs & How You Fill Them
- Quantity Market Potential
The Business Plan
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY A one page nutshell your mission, your vision, your purpose
- TARGET MARKET Who are your products/services intended for? Send a survey to gather demographics, interest + budgets
- COMPETITORS Define your competitors – their strengths + weaknesses + determine your competitive advantage – why are different?
- HUMAN RESOURCES Will you need additional staff to run your business? What will you pay them? How much experience? What skills do you they need to have?
- VENDORS/SUPPLIES Will you require outside sources or projects to operate? What about supplies that you will be using on a regular basis?
- MARKETING PLAN How will you get your products/services in front of ideal clients? How will you communicate your message?
- OPERATIONSHow are you going to run your business? Determine the most efficient way to get the job done
- FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS How much money do you need to start/run the business? Determine the profitability of the company