- The first thing you should write is about the complete address of the organization, collage or so on. Giving the date is also important.
- Since you do not to whom you should address the letter, you can use general salutation like To Whom It May Concern or like in the example Dear Scholarship Committee.
- Paragraph one: in the first paragraph you have to mention your student full name including their first and last name. You also mention the goals of this letter. It could be for scholarship, collage, certifications, and so on. Tell who you are. Give brief explanation about who you are, including the school name.
- Paragraph two: well, in this paragraph you can give your assessment towards your student. Do not forget that you should be objective. You can use the basic requirement of the program to give strong plus point. In the example it shows the strong and good leadership. Then, you can tell how capable your student in joining a project that needs strong leadership skills. It is okay not to give many evidence and explanation because it will too long letter. Still you should give brief, objective and true reference letter for your student.
- Paragraph three: in this last paragraph, tell how you support your student to get the goals of certain program. Say once more to convince them how your student deserves to get it.
- Close your letter using good and polite salutation. There are a lot of salutations you can use. Well, give your signature, complete name, tittle, and the school name.
[Organization or Collage Name]
[Complete addressed, e-mail, etc]
Dear Scholarship Committee:
It is my great pleasure to recommend [student first and last name] for the [scholarship name]. I am his/her Guidance Counselor at [name of high school] and have had the pleasure of working with [student first name] on several committees and programs.
I see that the scholarship is intended to go to someone who demonstrates strong leadership skill. [Student first name] fits these guidelines perfectly. This past year he/she took on the primary responsibility for our school’s ole in the Enterprising Young People program. He/she collaborated with business student at Concordia University in tailoring the program to our student population. He/she is also gifted in recognizing and drawing out the talents of others, and was able to put together and supervise a student committee to review the business plans created by the entrepreneurial student in the Enterprising Young People program. It is rare to meet a high school student who is so mature, organized and results-oriented.
I can whole-heartedly support [student first name] for this award. His/her demonstrated leadership and vision have made a positive impact on our school community and I have no doubt that this will continue at the university he/she will be attending.Loading...
[Title, name of high school]